The difference between a locking screw and a set screw

Editor:Jiaxing UNITEK Machinery Technology Co., Ltd. │ Release Time:2021-11-11 

Triangular thread self-tapping locking screws belong to a kind of self-tapping screws. The difference is that their threads are arc-shaped triangular cross-sections. Because of this feature, the triangle tooth can reduce the resistance when it penetrates the workpiece. At the same time, the process is a process of thermal effect, which will prevent the screw from moving after cooling. For those who pay attention to work efficiency, the triangular teeth can be tapped on one side while finishing the locking operation, which is a very good choice.

Compared with ordinary screws, the triangular tooth self-tapping locking screw has a bottom hole without pre-tapping, and the anti-loosening ability does not require other anti-loosing accessories such as other anti-loosing washers; furthermore, the triangular tooth self-tapping locking screw has The advantages that different screws do not have, such as small locking torque, large locking torque, large holding force, and good anti-loosening effect. Compared with ordinary screws, which only occupy 15% of the entire locking operation, and the other 85% belong to other supporting parts and locking operations, triangular teeth are the best choice to reduce costs and improve locking reliability.