Everyone in the fastener circle knows that stainless steel screws are more expensive than ordinary materials, especially some food or medical grade screws. However, you get what you pay for, and stainless steel screws naturally have incomparable advantages over other materials. Especially in certain fields and products, stainless steel screws must be used. So why exactly?
Stainless steel screws usually have the ability to resist the corrosion of air, water, acid, alkali salt or other media. Stainless steel screws are generally not easy to rust and are very durable. Stainless steel screws have an anti-loosening effect. It will not fall off lightly when used on product materials. The screws and the product materials need to be connected more tightly.
The main application areas of stainless steel screws: environmental protection equipment, medical equipment, communication equipment, power facilities, electronic products, instrumentation, food machinery and equipment, ship assembly, building curtain walls, open air, sports facilities, outdoor decoration, etc. Some of these places are exposed to a humid environment for a long time, and some are used in the environment with acidic substances, etc., so it is necessary to ensure that the screw fasteners used have super corrosion resistance.
The selection of stainless steel screws is mainly considered from the following five aspects.
1. Requirements for the mechanical properties of stainless steel screw materials, especially strength;
2. Requirements for the anti-corrosion performance of materials;
3. Requirements for the heat resistance of the material (high temperature strength, oxidation resistance);
4. Requirements for material processing performance in terms of production technology;
5. Other aspects, such as weight, price, purchase and many other factors must be considered.